For the anniversary, SHERPA equips traditional bus park in Saint Petersburg with testing technology
This summer, we have celebrated our 15-year business relationship and friendship with Stefan Horvath
, Managing Director of Horex Union GmbH, and the company SHERPA Service O.O.O.
Now, another extensive project reinforces the successful partnership: The Horex Union GmbH with its Russian representative SHERPA Service O.O.O. has installed SHERPA testing technology in a Saint Petersburg bus park.
Buses in the Russian port metropolis, which was the capital of the tsarist empire for centuries and is still the cultural center of Russia today, will in future be checked with SHERPA testing systems.
The following devices are installed in the bus park in Saint Petersburg, which was officially opened recently:
- A SHERPA roller brake tester BPS-Twin-13.8 for fast, clear and reliable brake testing of cars and commercial vehicles up to 18 t axle load – stocked with a comprehensive option package, including weighing device, patented automatic all-wheel detection, patented EDOS drive out assistance, manual rotational and measurement direction reversal, pressure transducers, hydraulic roller raising by 220 mm and variable stop function.
- A hydraulic SHERPA axle play detector AST-20.3-Pit to make detached or loose axle and steering parts immediately visible. The AST test bench for cars and commercial vehicles with an axle load of up to 20 t also has premium equipment with the options: double-sided concurrent transverse and longitudinal movement, single wheel movement, automatic plate movement, automatic centre positioning, hand lamp and hydraulic tubes.
- An SSP-1500-Sherlane side slip tester with release plate for cars and commercial vehicles with an axle load of up to 15 t for reliable track testing, as tension in the chassis is being eliminated.
- Two headlight adjustment testing devices MECO-SEP-17.0 with the automatic measuring station compensation patented by SHERPA, rubber wheels, round levers, protective cover and hood. All common headlight systems such as filament, halogen, xenon, LED matrix, etc. can be tested and adjusted with the MECO-SEP-17.0. The MECO-SEP-17.0 is equipped with an inclination sensor and therefore adjusts the angle automatically to a vertical perpendicular. Automatic alignment of the light box enables vehicle parking spaces with up to 1.5% incline to be used. Thanks to its rubber wheels, the MECO-SEP-17.0 can be adapted to any floor.
- A newly developed “Dig-4” LED display, presented this year, for all roller brake testers and test lanes, as a single or combined display with a variable, dynamic display format and several display ranges for brake, suspension, difference, track, weight and pressure values top off the installation.
With this first-class and encompassing testing equipment, we wish the Saint Petersburg bus operators safe travels at all times and thank Horex Union GmbH and SHERPA Service O.O.O. in Russia for their always good cooperation!